Cooking the Pork
1. Allow the pork belly chops to rest in the fridge uncovered for 24 hours prior to cooking. This will allow the moisture to evaporate, hopefully meaning that we will get a better crust on the belly chop.
2. Heat your pizza oven to approximately 300 degrees C. Put a cast iron skillet in the oven until super hot.
3. Drizzle the pork belly chops lightly with rapeseed oil, then season all over with our chilli, fennel and orange seasoning.
4. Place the pork belly chops into the raging hot skillet and put back into the oven. Cook for a couple of minutes until well coloured on top. Remove the skillet from the oven, then turn the pork belly chops and place the fennel stalks in with the pork for extra flavour.
5. Return the skillet to the oven and cook for a further 4-5 minutes until just cooked through. Look for an core temperature of 60 degrees centigrade – once this temperature is reached stand the pork belly chops skin side up and crisp the crackling up as much as possible, without burning it!
6. Remove the pork from the oven and allow to rest, whilst roasting the radishes.