14 Dec Mulled Apple & Gin Toddy
At all of our events, there’s nothing we love more than welcoming our guests with a seasonal tipple. As the nights grow longer, the Winter months call for a steaming mug of something not only delicious, but warming too!
We’ve been serving our mulled apple and gin toddy at many of our Seasonal Supper and festive feasts over the past few months. A fantastic alternative to the classic mulled wine, this mulled apple is best served with a shot of Distillers of Surrey Aromatic Gin, which is infused with Rosemary and Bay Leaf sourced here in Surrey.
1 litre cloudy apple juice, (the freshest you can get and definitely not from concentrate!)
1 cinnamon stick
2-3 star anise
1 thumb fresh ginger, sliced (you can leave the skin on)
2-3 cardamon pods
1 orange, sliced
- Add all the ingredients except the gin into a pan and heat gently over a low heat.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes, then take off the heat and leave to infuse for at least half an hour – to get plenty of the flavour!
- Reheat when ready to serve.
- Be sure to add the shot of gin once the liquid is off the heat, heating the gin will remove the alcohol!
- Serve with a slice of orange.
For more Autumn inspired menus why not try our coal baked squash recipe